Saturday, December 29, 2012

Maureen McGovern live

And fittingly, to follow up on my Christmas list Countdown:

You will remember that my top choice was the Maureen McGovern Christmas disc. Ironic that here it is 25 years later and this season she is performing it live at 54 Below in NYC. I have always been among her biggest fans. The woman can do more with a single piano and her vocal chords than most could ever aspire to. For our members that are solid jazz singers - Vicky, Arne et al - you should really enjoy this. When we talk the fine line between gigging and intimate, this is what I envision. A stage the size of a postage stamp. No costumes and a few lights. A microphone in hand and an audience in the seats. She still "has it." Wish I was there.

Happy New Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment